zaterdag 2 april 2016

Fmq practice and a helicopter for Guus.


Fmq practice with Ikea fabric
It is SPRING!!! I love the light when I wake up and when we are sitting in the room after dinner! Today was a very sunny day and it was not cold without a coat. I love the hyancinths on my terrace. Within three weeks we have a redo of our terrace. I hope we can enjoy our terrace a lot this year.

Heerlijk, eindelijk lente! Eindelijk een zonnige dag en ik geniet van de hyacinthen op mijn terras. Over een week of drie is ons terras vernieuwd met nieuwe tegels en planten. Ik hoop dat we deze zomer vaak van ons terras kunnen genieten.

Tablerunner practice piece with Ikea 60 inch  Vinterbar fabric
This week I finished the free motion  practice quilting of this table runner of IKEA Vinterbar fabric. I do love free mtion quilting again. It was a lot of micro quilting and the result is OK, but I lost a lot of routine in half a year. I decided to cut the runner in four placemats. I never use a tablerunner. Twee placemats are binded, For the other two I had to go to Ikea to buy some more cotton. I have another tablerunner sandwiched for more fmq practice and fun, I hope this time better stitches and a little mor speed this time.

Deze week heb ik uren gequild aan mijn oefentafelloper met Ikea Vinterbar katoen. Ik vind quilten uit de vrije hand leuk, zeker als het goed gaat, maar ik heb in een half jaartje heel wat routine verloren. Het resultaat van de  tafelloper is OK, maar niet meer dan dat, De tafelloper is in vier placemats gesneden, want lopers gebruik ik eigenlijk nooit. Twee placemats zijn al afgebiesd, maar mijn Ikea katoen is op, dus moet ik naar IKEA.
Ik heb nog een tweede taffeloper liggen. Die ga ik volgende week quilten. Elke avond en uurtje. Ik hoop dat het nu beter en wat sneller gaat.

Filling this leaves with micro quilting in many different ways.
One tablerunner makes four placemats!

Love the different views. The echoing is fun. Full speed quilting!

Two binded already.
Perfect with my black and white Arabia chinaware.
I always give my placemats away, but these placemats are perfect with all my black and white Arabia chinaware.

Ik geef mijn placemats altijd weg, maar deze zijn perfect bij mijn zwart en witte Arabia serviezen. Dus ze komen op mijn tafel.

A helicopter for Guus. The pattern will be available next week.
Every tuesday morning I pick up little Guus for a day. When we drive back to my house he is so happy to see trains (on a lucky day we see six trains!), buses, planes and lorries. I often go with him by bus! to the railway station. We go on the escalator or in a elevators to all the platforms to see trains arriving and leaving. When we wait for the bus to go back he can see the boats on the river IJ. Last week he was talking about helocopters. So I made a helicopter pattern for him. The pattern is finished and I will test te block this weekend. So next tuesday he will have his own helicopter placemat.

Elke woensdag haal ik kleine Guus op bij zijn ouders. Op de terugweg is hij blij bij elke trein, bus, vliegtuig en vrachtwagen die hij ziet. Als hij geluk heeft ziet hij wel zes treinen. Ik ga vaak met hem naar het Centraal station met de bus! We gaan dan met de roltrap of de lift naar alle perrons om treinen te zien aankomen of vertrekken. Als we op de bus terug wachten kan hij de boten op het IJ zien.
Van de week sprak hij over helicopters. Ik heb daarom een patroon van een helicopter gemaakt. Ik ga het blok dit weekend testen zodat hij volgende week zijn eigen helicopter placemat heeft.

Feel free to download my patterns. You are only allowed to use them for yourself and not for commercial use . When you use my patterns, please mention my name and link in your post to the patterns. I will be pleased to recieve a picture of your work with my patterns.

Deze patronen zijn gratis te downlooaden voor eigen, niet commercieel, gebruik. Als je mijn patronen gebruikt, vermeld dan mijn naam en link in je blogbericht naar de patronen op mijn blog. Ik zou het leuk vinden een foto van je werk met mijn patronen te ontvangen.
So nice of you to stopping by. Feel free to leave a  comment. I love it.

Fijn dat u langs kwam. Ik waardeer het als u een bericht achter laat..

Love from Amsterdam and keep sewing

Maartje

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten