zondag 29 november 2015

Cheese with a flag

Funny mouse with cheese and another stacked cups pattern
It is almost December, so the Light Festival is in Amsterdam again. I was surprised by the beautiful exhibits when I walked through Amsterdam last night. In my posts I will share some pictures for everyone who can not visit Amsterdam. Like last year I will take my two eldest grandchildren on a canaltrip to enjoy all the exhibits in the dark. Salijn and Sascha will love it.

Het is bijna december dus het lichtfestival is weer in Amsterdam. Ik was weer verrast door de prachtige lichtbeelden toen ik eergisteren door de stad liep. Ik zal af en toe wat foto's delen voor degenen die niet naar Amsterdam kunnen komen. Ik neem mijn twee oudste kleinkinderen, Sascha en Salijn, mee op een rondvaart. Ze vinden dat prachtig.

A chemist like me, wants to see these bucky balls in real!



Finally I started with testing my mice patterns. I finsihed the first one. My husband told me, that the mouse pattern wouldn't be recognised as a mouse, but  I thought I knew better! So I tested the pattern. I wanted a cheese block to go along with the mouse block, Mice like cheese   I draw some patterns of pieces of cheese, but I was not satisfied. Then looking for cheese pictures with google I found the inspiration. We like to cut little cubes of our Edam of Gouda cheese and stick a flag in each cube. You find this platters at parties. My little mouse got his own cheese cube with a flag. I do not know if it is Gouda cheese or Edam cheese.

Ik ben toch begonnen met het testen van mijn muispatronen en de eerste is af. Mijn man zei dat niemand er een muis in zou herkennen, maar ik dacht het toch echt beter te weten. Ik wilde een kaasblok naast het muisblok, maar was niet tevreden met de patronen die ik had getekend. Terwijl ik op google naar inspiratie zocht, zag ik schotels met kaasblokjes. Mijn muis heeft nu zijn eigen kaasblokje met vlag. 






Easy to piece and it do not need paper piecing.






I had fun with another pattern of stacked cups and saucers. Just quilting and the binding for another Xmas present.

Ik had verder plezier met nog een patroon met gestapelde schotels en kopjes.Ik zag het plaatje zoekend met Google en wist dat ik het moest proberen. Het blok is af. Nu even quilten en afbiezen en ik heb weer een Kerstcadeau.












8.4/12 inch  and 10.5/15 inch patterns



Feel free to download my patterns. You are only allowed to use them for yourself and not for commercial use . When you use my patterns, please mention my name and link in your post to the patterns. I will be pleased to recieve a picture of your work with my patterns.

Deze patronen zijn gratis te downlooaden voor eigen, niet commercieel, gebruik. Als je mijn patronen gebruikt, vermeld dan mijn naam en link in je blogbericht naar de patronen op mijn blog. Ik zou het leuk vinden een foto van je werk met mijn patronen te ontvangen.

So nice of you to stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment. I love it.

Fijn dat u langs kwam. Ik waardeer het als u een bericht achter laat..

Love from Amsterdam and keep sewing


Maartje        maartjequilt@gmail.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten