vrijdag 2 oktober 2015

Orange cotton and an UFO

Like every thursday morning I went down town tomy daughter for a cup of coffee and to take little Kate with me. Instead of going home we walked together in the centre of Amsterdam. I like to breakfast in the city and this time breakfast was at one of the best confectioners in the city: 'Pattisier Kuyt'

Zoals altijd, ben ik vanmorgen de stad ingegaan om mijn kleindochter te halen. In plaats van naar huis te gaan, hebben we samen gewandeld en ontbeten bij Kuyt, een van de beste banketbakkers in Amsterdam.


If there is a heaven .............
I enjoy breakfast ....
...and Kate is sleeping
The tearoom is not far away of the famous Amsterdam street market 'Albert Cuyp' with three shops selling cottons. The September color at Soscrappy is orange and it is already October. I found this three orange cottons. So five colors to my stash for paper pieced pottery and other small, funny blocks. I will sew some pumpkin blocks for halloween too. De kleur voor October at Soscrappy is brown so I will  look for brown fabrics in my stash and I sure will buy some.

Van Kuyt naar de Albert Cuyp is vijf minuten lopen en ik ben daar langs de lappen winkels geweest om oranje katoen te scoren. De septemberkleur bij Soscrappy is oranje, maar dat is geen courante kleur bij de AlbertCuyp-winkels. Toch heb ik drie lapjes gevonden. Het zijn mooie lapjes voor mijn paper-piecing-diggelwerk-blokken en andere kleine, grappige blokken. Ik zal er zeker pompoenen van naaien voor Halloween. De kleur voor oktober is bruin!!




First orange block
I love to design my own paper piecing patterns and I made a milk pot pattern for my orange cotton. After sewing the first block I improved the pattern and made also a coffeepot pattern by adding a lid to the pattern.





Pattern Coffeepot/Milkpot  Pattern 8 inch  Pattern6 inch  Pattern 4 inch        Pattern part 2



Have fun using my patterns, but it is for non commercial and private use only. And pleaase place a link to the pattern on your blog when you show something made with my patterns, so everybody can download the patterns.

Val's Quilting Studio

Every tuesday there is an fun archive linky party at Val's Quilting studio. This week Val asks us to share an post with an UFO. Go visit her party.
This is my UFO. An 'aiming for accuracy quilt along 2013' quilt. It is quilted already, but it is waiting for binding. I do not like the top and I think that is the reason why.


I shoud fini9sh this quilt soon.


So nice of you to stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment. I love it. Here you find the last post with this quilt.
Fijn dat u langs kwam, ik hoor graag van iedereen en stel je commentaar zeer op prijs.

Love from Amsterdam and keep quilting and sewing


Maartje        maartjequilt@gmail.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten