maandag 13 juli 2015

New challenge: paper piecing fun

I love free motion quilting, so I sewed quilts to free motion quilt for hours and hours with a lot of colors thread. I love colors. I did not like piecing unitill I found the elephants and ZebraZ on Lorna's blog at SewFreshQuilt. I loved her Elephant quilt and joined her Elephant Parade Quilt Along with pleasure. I sewed a lot of elephants blocks and made three elephant parade quilts. I sewed to many ZebraZ blocks and made three ZebraZ quilts, Sewing the elephants, ZebraZ, flowers and birds was fun and my family and friends loved the quilts. So piecing is fun for me and I will make less one clothe quilts. Learning new things is fun.

I hou van quilten uit de vrije hand, daarom naaide ik quilts om heerlijk uren te kunnen quilten uit de vrije hand met allerlei kleuren garen. Ik hou van kleuren. Ik had een hekel aan het maken van blokken, totdat ik de olifanten en ZebraZ vond op Lorna's blog at SewFreshQuilt. Ik vond de olifanten zo leuk dat ik meedeed aan Lorna's Elephant Parade Quilt Along. Ik naaide teveel olifant-blokken en maakte uiteindeelijk drie elephant parade quilts. Ik naaide teveel ZebraZ blokken en maakte drie ZebraZ quilts, Het naaien van de blokken voor de olifanten, ZebraZ, bloemen en vogeltjes was zo leuk! Mijn familie en vrienden waren blij met de quilts. Het naaien van blokken vind ik nu leuk en ik zal het zeker vaker doen.

With stick do you need to pick up first?  Which piece do you need to sew first? Great games.
Click on the cow for pattern  from Sandi at peacemeal,com

Taking part in a linky party, let you visiting new blogs with new quilt techniques. Since a few months I am interested in blogs with paper piecing blocks. I love to stroll around the blog of  Tartankiwi  Juliet is a real artist with this technique. Another great blog is the blog of  Janeen van Niekerk: Quiltart Designs. Both blogs have fun quilt alongs with beautiful quilts and a lot of patterns. 
As a child I loved mikado puzzles: What is the sequence of the sticks? Paper piecing patterns are fun puzzles for me too!! What is the sequence of sewing this blok? You need for both puzzles the same skills. Try it yourself with this cow block pattern.

Door aan Linky Feestjes deel te nemen, maak je kennis met nieuwe blogs en quilt technieken. Sinds een paar maanden ben ik geinteresseerd in blogs met patronen voor paper pieced blokken. Geweldinge blogs zijn die van Tartankiwi  van Juliet, een achte artiest. Ook de blog van Janeen van Niekerk: Quiltart Designs is geweldig. Beide blogs hebben  Quilt Alongs met mooie patronen, maar die zijn nog iets te moeilijk voor mij.
Als kind hield ik al van mikado-puzzles en zo kijk ik ook naar de patronen voor paper pieced blokken!! In welke volgorde naai je de stukjes van dit patroon? Ik gebruik dit soort patronen als een puzzel. Probeer het zelf maar eens met het blok voor de koe! 

This purple cow is of course quilted by Leanna Paylor. I love this beauty.
Look at Leanna's blog to see how she pimps her cows!!!

I love colors and cows too. And I love the blog of  Leanna Paylor: Not afraid of color. Blocks with this cow I met on the Internet several times and I saved the pattern long time ago. You can download the pattern for free here at peacemealquilts.com. Two weeks ago Leanne's purple cow persuades me to try paper piecing. So this week I decided to sew a purple cow and printed the pattern. But the pattern has a lot of pieces and I decided to try something less difficult first. Again inspired by these beautiful blocks of Leanna I drew my first paper piecing patterns and sew teapot, cup and plate blocks. And yes I like paper piecing too!!!!! It was so fun!!! I see already my own purple cow walking!

Ik hou ook van kleuren en koeien en van de website van  Leanna Paylor: Not afraid of color. Deze koe was ik al vaker tegengekomen op internet en ik heb het patroon bewaard. (Je kan het patroon vrij downloaden van Peacemealquilts,com) Maar het was Leanna's paarse koe die me overhaalde om een paper piecing patroon uit te proberen. Nadat al die patroondelen van de koe voor me lagen, besloot ik toch maar eerst iets eenvoudigs te doen. Alweer geinspireerd door blokken van Leanna Paylor, heb ik mijn eerste patronen zelf getekend. Ik heb een theepot, kopjes en borden genaaid. Het was zo leuk!!! Ik zie mijn eigen paarse koe er al aan komen lopen!

On the pattern the ear was on the right.....
...... so I I learned that left on the pattern is right on the block!!!!
And some free motion fun as a bonus!!!

This will be place mats too.
On the pattern all plates are the same.
The piecing is far from perfect.
Drawing patterns is part of the fun



It is so nice of you stopping by.  Feel free to leave a comment. I love it.

Fijn dat u langs kwam, ik hoor graag van iedereen en stel je commentaar zeer op prijs.

Love from Amsterdam and keep quilting and sewing

Maartje

maartjequilt@gmail.com

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten