dinsdag 10 september 2013

Aiming for accuracy Quilt Along

Almost every day we had to do something  like a baseball game, Sascha's birthday, a movie with my husband, an afternoon with my daughter with a delicious lunch in a small Italian restaurant. It keeps me from the Quilt Along.

Bijna iedere dag was er wat: een honkbalwedstrijd, Sascha's verjaardag, open dag van Salijn, een film in Eye met mijn man, een middagje in de stad met mijn dochter met een heerlijke lunch in een geweldig Italiaans restaurant vlakbij Artis. Wat een heerlijke en originele broodjes vlakbij de ingang van Artis. Het weerhield me ervan om de blokken te naaien.
 

But I sew in spare moments and finished lesson eleven of the quilt along and I had to wait till Sunday for the next lesson. Since sunday I finished three blocks.
Every block was a challenge to get points right. It is getting better and better, but far from perfect.
I made a lot of mistakes sewing the pieces of a block together. I had to think about symmetry of the blocks before piecing.I learned a lot of symmetry years ago when I studied chemistry. Next time I need to remember it when I piece blocks,
In de schaarse vrije momenten heb ik de laatste grote blokken van de Quilt Along genaaid. Om verder te gaan moet ik wachten tot zondag. Sinds zondag heb ik drie blokken genaaid. Het was steeds een uitdaging om de puntjes recht te krijgen en het is verre van perfect.
Tijdens mijn scheikundestudie heb ik veel geleerd over symmetrie van moleculen e.d.. Ik heb te vaak verkeerde lapjes aan elkaar genaaid en daarom ga ik nu meer nadenken over symmetrie voor ik de dingen aan elkaar naai.  



All the blocks with imperfections, but a lot better thand my first blocks.


The next thing I will do is cutting some black cotton and white cotton sampler pieces and sandwich them. Until Sunday it is fmq! I am behind my challenge so I have to do that too! But Sunday is for granddaughter Salijn. Her parents are away so lucky me!

Het volgende wat ik ga doen is wat oefenlappen knippen van witte en zwarte katoen. Tot zondag ga ik quilten uit de vrije hand. Ik moet ook nog een tutorial maken voor het quilten uit de vrije hand voor mijn uitdaging van dit jaar.  Maar zondag is voor Salijn. Haar ouders zijn met hun werk bezig, dus een buitenkansje voor mij om op te passen.


It is so nice of you for stopping by, I love to hear from everyone of you, so please feel free to leave a comment.

If you have a question I will try and respond via e-mail. Please make sure your blogger profile is linked to your e-mail, otherwise I wont be able to e-mail you back.

If you need to reach me feel free to e-mail me at maartjequilt@gmail.com

Thanks so much for reading

Keep quilting!

Maartje Quilt
Amsterdam




7 opmerkingen:

  1. What lovely blocks! You've used such pretty fabrics. And your accuracy looks spot on to me :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I think your blocks are amazing and I love the colours you have chosen - happy blocks :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. What beautiful bright blocks! I'm glad that you are finding time to sew between all the other things that you are doing! Enjoy Sunday with your granddaughter!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Hi Maartje.......beautiful block. Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from TGIFF. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Congratulations on getting those blocks finished with such a busy schedule. They are looking nice. Hope you enjoy the fmq - it's fun!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen